Why this Workshop?
Body Language - technically known as kinesics (pronounced 'kineesicks') - is a significant aspect of modern communications and relationships. Body Language is therefore very relevant to management and leadership, and to all aspects of work and business where communications can be seen and physically observed among people. Body language is also very relevant to relationships outside of work
The technique of "reading" people is used frequently. For example, the idea of mirroring body language to put people at ease is commonly used in interviews. Body language can show feelings to other people, which works in return for other people. People through their body language to you reveal their feelings and meanings.
Mirroring the body language of someone else indicates that they are understood. This workshop is designed to help participants in recognising the importance and role of Body Language – a very important component on Non-Verbal Communication and also to apply the learning in their Social and Professional lives.
Objectives of the Workshop
To introduce, review and discuss the following aspects:
- What is Body Language and the power of body language
- Reading Body Language
- Certain Body Language mistakes
- Gender differences in Body Language
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Facial Expressions
- Body Language in business
- How to improve one’s body language
- Matching one’s words to movement
Benefits of attending the Workshop
By the end of the workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Define body language
- Relate to the benefits and purpose of interpreting body language.
- Interpret basic body language movements.
- Recognize common mistakes when interpreting body language.
- Interpret own body language and what you are communicating.
- Practice effective body language skills.