Why this Workshop?
Negotiation is simply the process of getting what you want from another person.
Many people think of negotiation as a formal process involving businesses closing a profitable deal. However, this is only a part of the picture. In fact, everyone in their everyday lives is a negotiator.
Children negotiate with their parents over TV time. Teenagers negotiate for late evenings. Couple negotiate with each other over most of things. Friends negotiate with each other over what to do and where and what to eat. You as well as others negotiate every day.
Getting what you want in these everyday situations can improve your life and well-being by reducing stress and contention. By Getting what you want more often you will feel greater success, synchronicity and serendipity in your life.
In this workshop, the participants will learn the Art of Negotiation
Objectives of the Workshop
To introduce, review and discuss the following aspects:
- What is negotiation and why is it important
- Types of Negotiation and the 3 phases of negotiation
- Concept of BATNA, WATNA, WAP and ZOPA
- Preparing for Negotiation
- The negotiation process
- Negotiation Strategies to deal with the difficult aspects of negotiation
- Negotiating for someone else
Benefits of attending the Workshop
By the end of the workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Identify the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, and the skills needed for successful negotiating
- Apply basic negotiating concepts: WATNA, BATNA, WAP, and ZOPA effectively
- Prepare the groundwork for negotiation
- Identify what information to share and what to keep to yourself
- Apply strategies for identifying mutual gain
- Find solutions to deal with personal attacks and other difficult issues
- Use the negotiating process to solve everyday problems
- Plan to negotiate on behalf of someone else