Why this Workshop?
Leadership is the ability of an individual to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute toward the effectiveness and success of the organizations of which they are members. Leadership is "organizing a group of people to achieve a common goal”. In fact leadership is an action, not just a position.
This workshop will help participants understand – what is leadership, different types of leaders, different types of leadership styles and difference between Mangers and Leaders. On completion of the unit, participant will be able to explain the concept of leadership, attributes of a leader and different approaches to leadership. Participant will also be exposed to the concept of situational leadership and performance management system which are so very effective at workplace for being effective as a leader and managing teams.
Objectives of the Workshop
To introduce, review and discuss the following aspects:
- Leadership concept
- Leadership Qualities
- Ways to Develop Leadership Qualities
- Different Leadership Approaches
- Types/styles of leadership
- Causes for Leadership failures
- Situational Leadership
- Performance Management System
- Displaying/practicing leadership
- Manager Vs Leader
- Leadership Responsibilities
Benefits of attending the Workshop
By the end of the workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Analyse what is Leadership. Who is a leader and how to develop leadership qualities
- Examine the different Leadership approaches and types / styles of leadership
- Identify the major causes for leadership failure and how can one practise / display leadership
- Examine how a leader is different from a Manager and Explain the Responsibilities of a Leader
- Apply situational leadership at their workplace effectively
- Develop an effective performance management system at their workplace