Intelligently Emotional – 2 Days’ Workshop on “Emotional Intelligence”
Why this Workshop?
Emotional intelligence is the ability to observe, assess and manage emotions. This plays a vital part on how we deal with ourselves and others both in our personal lives and at workplace.
The four key aspects of Emotional Intelligence are Perceiving Emotions, Reasoning with Emotions, Understanding Emotions and Managing Emotions. For most people, though they may not realise, Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is more important than one’s intelligence (IQ) in attaining success in their lives and careers. As individuals, our success and the success of the profession we are in today depends on our ability to read other peoples’ signals and react appropriately to them.
Empathy, which is the fifth key aspect of Emotional Intelligence, is seeing the world from the other person’s perspective. To cross the bridge from your world to the other person’s world, to see, and more profoundly, to feel and experience, his or her world. Not just to put oneself in another person’s shoes but also to feel and think in the manner that person feels and thinks.
This workshop will give the Participants deeper insights into Emotional Intelligence and Empathy and also how to develop these which are so essential for success both in their professional and personal lives.
Objectives of the Workshop
- To introduce participants to the concept of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- To discuss as to why we need EI and why is EI so important
- To discuss the probabilities of not having EI and their consequences
- To discuss as to how we can enhance EI
- To discuss, review and work on the 5 key aspects EI (Self Awareness, Self- Regulation, Motivation, Empathy and Managing Relationships)
- To discuss the practical aspects of EI in personal and professional lives
Benefits of attending the Workshop
By the end of this session, the participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Describe the need and importance of EI effectively
- Relate to the 5 key aspects of EI
- Explain the probabilities of not having EI and the related consequences
- Distinguish between the Personal and Social components of EI
- Specify a few things that Empathy can accomplish
- Associate with Motivation and the various aspects of their own motivation
- Rate their own level of EQ accurately
- Apply strategies on the areas of improvement with respect to their own EQ
- Apply effectively the 5 key aspects of EI appropriately when conducting a session on EI
This program will be conducted in a facilitative mode and consist of some concept sessions, experiential learning sessions though a mix of personal explorations as well as activities (including self-exploration questionnaires, case studies, group work) and interactive discussions / sharing of experiences, videos etc.
Key Workshop Details
|Basic concept of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
|Re-cap of Day 1
The 5 key aspects of EI
Exploring in detail
• Exploring in detail:
Application of EI and Empathy in personal life and at work place